Use the Start New function in Apps to run a previously created app process.
When an app is running, it is referred to as a Job. Jobs are assigned to a user in your system and carried out in stages.
Running a job for the first time
Complete the following steps to run an existing app process for the first time:
- Click on Start New. A drop-down list is displayed.
- Click on the type of job that you want to run. The Start new job window is displayed.
- Click on Select next to the person that you want to run the job. The job is displayed with a list of actions to complete.
- Click the button next to an action to run the action. The table below details what activity is required for each action:
Action Type Description Balance Sheet Complete the balance sheet displayed. CRM Record Calculation Enter values into the formula displayed. Confirm Check the box to confirm if the labelled action has taken place. Contact Method Select the preferred contact method for the app. Custom Date Select a date for the labelled action from the pop-up calendar. Decision Select Yes / No. You may be directed to a different part of the process. Document Enter the recipients' email address(es) in the To field. The email will be sent to these recipients. Event Grid Enter data into the table displayed. HTML Editor Invoice Enter data into the invoice displayed. Label Notes Enter notes for the labelled action. Number Enter a numerical value for the labelled action. Numeric Select Select a number from the list. Radio Click on the relevant option displayed. Report Selection Task Text Time Enter a time for the labelled action. Upload Select a file to upload. Upload Image Select an image to upload. Url Enter a website URL in the field provided.
- Click the button to skip an action. This is only available if the app design allows it.
- Click the button to delegate the action to another user. This is only available if you are a manager or delegator.
- Complete the remaining actions to finish the job. All progress is automatically saved so that a job can be resumed if you leave it part way through.
A job will stay open until all stages are completed.
Open an existing job
Complete the following steps to continue an existing job:
The number next to each job category indicates how many running jobs there are in that category.
- Expand the relevant job category in the tree-view pane for the job that you want to continue.
The number next to each job stage indicates how many running jobs there are at that stage in the job process.
- Click on the job stage that contains the job that you want to continue. A list of running jobs is displayed in the main window.
- Click on the Reference for the job that you want to continue. The job is opened and the next action is highlighted.
A number of functions can be performed on a running job:
|Reference||Click on the Referencebutton in an open job process to view and edit the job's Reference.|
|View record||Click on the View record button to view the CRM record that is currently assigned to a job.|
|Suspend||Click on Options to display a drop-down list and choose Suspend Job to suspend the current process. A system message is automatically sent to the assigned user when a job is suspended.|
|Cancel||Click on Options to display a drop-down list and choose Cancel Job to cancel the current process. A dialogue box is displayed. Type 'CANCEL' and click OK to cancel the job.|